Job Title: Construction Site supervisor
Part Time: 10-20 hours per Week
Do you enjoy working outside on an active construction site and being hands-on?
Use your skills in construction to build homes, communities and hope and make an impact in Somerset or Hunterdon County with Raritan Valley Habitat for Humanity.
Raritan Valley Habitat (RV Habitat) Site Supervisors are responsible for the on-site implementation of the work that has been programmed. The site supervisor develops the phases and tasks that will be done. Ensures all proper safety equipment and supplies are available and completes inventory to ensure all materials are available to complete tasks. As site supervisor you will work directly with the RV Habitat Construction Manager, to accomplish building plans and resource supplies. You will be part of the Home Construction and Repair Team participating in evaluating the progress of the construction phases, providing the best solutions as needed and maintaining a safe working environment for the work site.
The successful candidate will have:
• Strong Verbal Communication Skills –
You’ll be responsible for communicating the RV Habitat mission, goals and partner family information as well as safety guidelines and procedures to volunteers and corporate build day groups. You’ll register and have all single day volunteers sign-in and sign waivers and ensure all documents are collected and stored for transport back to the office at the end of the work day. You’ll guide the end of work day discussion, accomplishments, individual experiences and take photos of the corporate group volunteers.
• Ability to Work Well with Volunteers –
The site supervisor will be responsible for empowering and working with volunteers from all different skill level, age level and walks of life. You’ll be an integral force in encouraging volunteerism on the work site and growing our impact in the communities we serve.
• Leadership by Example –
You’ll be responsible for demonstrating the task to be completed, safe use of power tools, ladders, etc to all volunteers as well as mitigate work delays, thefts or emergencies at the work site. You’ll monitor inventory, collect all tools, supplies and equipment and clean-up trash, cardboard and recycling at the end of the work day.
If you enjoy empowering others to make an impact in building brighter futures for families in your local community while using your knowledge and experience in construction or DIY, this could be the best place for you.
Job Title: Homeowner Services Manager
Work for one of Indeed’s five top-rated non-profits and join an exciting, fast-paced mission-driven office that is working towards a world where everyone has a decent place to live. Raritan Valley Habitat for Humanity (RV Habitat) is seeking a technically savvy, empathetic self-starter and team player with strong organization and communication skills. This full-time position manages all aspects of our homeowner services program and supports the mission-critical work of RV Habitat’s Property Acquisition Committee.
We pride ourselves on our flexible, outcome-oriented work environment, and seek the following skills required for success in the Homeowner Services Manager position:
- An excellent, caring communicator- As the public face of RV Habitat to potential partner homeowners and existing homeowners, the successful candidate will provide a caring, professional presence throughout the homeowner life cycle – from initial interest throughout their time as a RV Habitat homeowner. The person in this role will develop and facilitate in-person and virtual applicant orientation sessions, coach and counsel homeowners, including those who are delinquent in their mortgage payments, and work with the Homeowner Services Committee to create partner homeowner newsletters. If you are one who likes to inspire others and create strong, respectful relationships, while working to provide decent, affordable housing for motivated, low- and moderate-income families, this could be the job for you!
- An ability to collaborate and work well with others in a fast paced environment – We’re a family of passionate staff and volunteers who have a variety of initiatives launching all the time. The successful candidate will harness the synergy of our staff and vast volunteer base, creatively address challenges that arise and use a positive, team-oriented, supportive approach to deliver reliable results.
- Outstanding organizational, administrative and research skills – In this diverse role, the successful candidate will make progress on multiple initiatives concurrently. The ability to stay organized and on top of deadlines with attention to detail are critical to success. The chosen candidate will create timely responses to all homeowner inquiries, track mortgage payments, research the affordable housing plans of local municipalities, reach out to appropriate municipal contacts and other prospective donors of property, maintain and update databases and other records, stay abreast of Fair Share Housing and NJ State affordable housing requirements, and more.
- Solid working knowledge of all MS Office applications.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or specialized education/certification or experience, preferably in a field directly related to the skills and responsibilities outlined above, such as project management, real estate, paralegal, office administration, counseling, or social work.
- Familiarity with property and/or mortgage closings, land usage and development and NJ State affordable housing regulations a plus.
Salary Range: $37,500 to $44,500
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please submit a cover letter, resume and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Title: Driver & Warehouse Associate (Donation Ambassador)
Habitat for Humanity ReStores are nonprofit home improvement stores and donation centers that sell new and gently used furniture, appliances, home accessories, building materials and more to the public at a fraction of the retail price. ReStores are independently owned and operated by local Habitat for Humanity Affiliates. Proceeds are used to help build strength, stability, self-reliance and shelter in local communities and around the world.
As a Restore Donation Ambassador, together with another Donation Ambassador, you are responsible for driving to donor locations during scheduled pick-up times to receive donations from residential and commercial donors. As a Donation Ambassador you are the final decision maker when it comes to accepting or declining a donation. This job requires lifting and moving large appliances, furniture, boxes, pallets and other goods from donor locations into the truck and unloading the items at the ReStore for Donation Processing. The position works Tuesday through Saturday during regular business hours.
This position is Non-Exempt. Drivers are expected to work 40 hours a week. The position starts at $15 an hour. Benefits package included for full time employees.
- Assess quality of items and goods at donor site and screen for product usability.
- Accept or Decline merchandise based on established guidelines.
- Use Vonigo software to properly record data acquired and issue receipts while out picking up merchandise.
- Load and unload all donated materials at the ReStore or off-site storage.
- Communicating with ReStore Manager regarding incoming donations.
- Drive ReStore vehicles to pick-up and deliver donated goods.
- Perform daily safety checks prior to leaving the ReStore.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with ReStore staff, volunteers, donors, Habitat homeowners and ReStore customers.
- Complete daily organizational/cleaning task including but not limited to:
- Clean out trucks
- Clear out Donation Processing area
- Merchandise donated goods on Sales Floor
- Maintain a safe working environment on and off the truck
- Make deliveries of merchandise as may be requested by management.
- Abide by all state, federal and local laws.
- 100% compliance with the Habitat for Humanity ReStore Employee Handbook.
- Other duties as assigned by ReStore Management.
- Must have a driver’s license and maintain a good driving record.
- Knowledge of retail sales and/or retail experience.
- Complete Criminal Background, Sexual Offender, and Credit Checks.
- Work is performed in a retail/warehouse environment.
- Ability to lift heavy furniture and building materials consistently and safely.
- Must be able to safely drive 16 to 26 foot, non-CDL box truck (experience helpful).
- Ability to spend the majority of the day in a truck and able to operate safely on residential and urban roadways.
- Work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment.
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to function both independently and as a team member.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task when faced with competing deadlines and priorities with timely and consistent attention to detail and follow up.
- Excellent oral and written communications and interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential material with integrity.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively utilize technology.
- Maintain a consistent professional image through dress, actions, and relationships with others, modeling Christian principles and Habitat values.
This individual is expected to be able to pass a DOT physical and to assist the staff in performing the store functions and therefore, must be able to lift up to 50 pounds regularly and up to 75 pounds occasionally. Position also requires frequent bending, squatting, lifting and repetitive motion. This position will occasionally be exposed to extreme weather conditions (e.g. heat, cold, wind, rain).
CERTIFICATE, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS
Driver’s license, Clean Driving record. Required Lockton Safety Videos must be taken either prior to date of hire or within 30 days of employment. These on-line trainings, which Habitat will provide, include:
- Defensive Driving – Commercial Vehicles
- Back Safety
- Fall Safety
- Preventing Slips, Trips and Falls
- Ladder Safety
Habitat For Humanity is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Clean Driver History (No points, suspensions, violations): 5 years (Required)
- Customer Service: 2 years
- Box truck driving: 1 year
Application packets must include:
- A complete resume, including dates of employment
- A cover letter identifying how you heard of this opportunity and addressing how your personal and professional experiences have prepared you for this position
- Three references: at least two professional
To apply, submit the above information to email@example.com. Specify “ReStore Driver” in the subject line.
Position is considered open until filled. Application packets will be evaluated as received, early submission encouraged.