To our Supporters and Friends
Impacts of COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
Dear Raritan Valley Habitat Supporters, Customers, Volunteers, Homeowners and Friends,
Due to the ongoing spread of the Coronavirus, we must do our part to minimize transmission and protect you and our staff. Toward that end, we’re taking the following actions effective Monday, March 16:
- The RV Habitat office is closed. Administrative staff will be working from home, regularly checking phone and email messages.
- Our Habitat ReStore in Manville will be closed to the public for two (2) weeks starting Tuesday, March 17 through Monday, March 30. At that time, we’ll assess the situation and determine whether we can reopen or need to extend the store closing. ReStore staff will monitor phone and email messages during this time.
- Pickups of ReStore merchandise will be suspended after Tuesday, March 17. ReStore staff will contact donors who have pickups scheduled to reschedule these pickups.
- The Habitat Youth Rainbow Run 5K Walk/Run scheduled for April 19 is postponed. A new date will be announced at the earliest opportunity.
- To the extent possible, the contractors at our new home build site in Montgomery Township will continue with excavation and installation of the septic system.
Though we are in a time of extreme uncertainty, we are hopeful that our projects, volunteer opportunities, and operations will normalize in the coming weeks. Meanwhile, we encourage our Hunterdon and Somerset County neighbors to be mindful of how we can all positively impact our communities. Right now, that means social distancing, practicing good hygiene, and supporting businesses and neighbors in whatever ways we can. We look forward to a time very soon when the Raritan Valley Habitat office, ReStore, and build sites will reopen and events will proceed.
We’re hopeful that it won’t be long before we can welcome you back, and, together, celebrate the importance of a strong community!
We’re reminded, now more than ever, how having a safe and decent place to live brings the sense of security, stability and hope that all of us need, and deserve, to weather storms like this.
We greatly appreciate your continued support, and wish you and your families the very best during this challenging time.